Comment on page
How to view and plot results in the visualizer
To open the visualizer, you can either click on the “Visualizer” icon on the bottom side of the model editor or you can simply press “Run” on the top side to run the simulation and the visualizer will open automatically.
- Click on the small gray icon situated on the top right side of each block that has visualizer support. Click again to remove
- Click on the icon on the top right side of the right sidebar. Click again to remove
Other ways to add/remove plots include:
- Right-click in any signal and select “Remove this trace”
The visualizer allows you to distribute the different signals as you need. To do so, you can drag & drop the signal name placed on the top right side of the chart. Once you have it selected (and while the mouse button is pressed), you will see some areas highlighted on the chart that will indicate the different places you can drop your signal. If dropped on the borders (up, down, left, right), it will move the signal to the upper/lower/left/right chart. If you drop it at the center, it will move it to that chart. You can drop the signal in a different chart from where the signal was from.
Signal colors will be assigned automatically based on the available unused colors. If you want to change that and select a specific color, you can right-click on any signal and change its color:
There are three ways of zooming into a chart:
- You can drag the borders of the sliders placed on the left and bottom side of the chart
- If you want to zoom in/out based on the values of X and Y, you can use the chart menu, located on the top left side and select the exact values you want to use to limit the displayed values (Pressing “Auto” will return them to their default values):
- Finally, you can also use your keyboard to zoom in a particular chart. Just place your cursor in the chart you want to zoom and based on the key you press, you will have a different behavior:
- shift + scroll: horizontal scrolling
- ctrl + scroll: vertical scrolling
To pan the values of the chart, simply drag the sliders around their axis.
If you want to keep track of certain points on your data, you can simply click on it on the chart and it will highlight it. Clicking on the point again will remove it
Sometimes you want to see the data points in a different way than a line. For that, we support different representations of the data:
- Line: default value. It will join all the data points by a line
- Scatter: The data points will be rendered individually
- Step: values will be united by a stair-like line